TIPS FROM THE PROS:
Industry Tips and Hints to Reduce Downtime Experienced with Dermal Fillers
It’s not a secret that there is a little bit of downtime associated with dermal fillers and volumizers. The industry typically refers to the downtime as “social downtime.” This means that you may not look picture perfect for a few days following the treatment.
Some of the most common aspects of downtime with dermal fillers are:
- Tenderness in the injected area
Bruising and swelling may occur, but the temporary bruising will not alter the outcome of the results and the swelling will subside. There are are, however, some tips to reduce the chances of bruising.
Reducing the Chance for Bruising on Your End:
- Do not drink red wine 24-48 hours pre and post procedure.
- Avoid OTC pain medications that begin with a vowel (Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc.) for 24-48 hours pre and post procedure.
- If you are looking for an all-natural product, Arnica has been shown to help some people with bruising.
- If you’re on any blood thinners ask your current physician if it would be safe to stop them for a few days. Pausing blood thinners 3 days pre procedure and 1 day post procedure can lead to best non bruising results.
- Drinking the daily recommended amount of water and keeping a high quality hyaluronic acid on your skin can help bruising. We would be happy to recommend some!
It is important to know that not all Medical Spas are equal. The level of ongoing advanced training offered to the staff of a Medical Spas varies from practice to practice. A highly trained staff is able to reduce the chances of downtime associated with fillers and volumizers.
Reducing the Chance of Bruising on Our End:
- Using our signature “Layered Injection” technique creates scaffolding in your face to give longer lasting results with minimal chances of bruising.
- Evaluating the area and trying to pinpoint and avoid the more vascular regions can help.
- Purchasing and using the highest quality needles will help with brushing.
- If applicable, using a cannula needle can reduce bruising.
To learn more information about dermal fillers and our services click here!